[asterisk-users] Zap difficulties

Curt Shaffer cshaffer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 07:43:35 MST 2006

That did help. But can you help me understand why this is needed? I did not
notice any of the other issues you mentioned but I do notice that it takes
an unusually long time to hang up the channel when it is done with the call.
It almost seems like the signaling is not right. I was discussing this issue
with someone offline and from what I understand, the POTS lines are on
loopstart. If that is true why do we use koolstart on the zaptel channel?
Just as an experiment I did change the signaling to loopstart but that did
not help either. The biggest issue is that I am in an area where just about
all of the business are using POTS lines exclusively, and adding a pause to
all of these just seems like a hack to me rather than fixing an issue. I'm
not saying this is not my misunderstanding, because it may well be, but I am
just looking for the exact answer.

Thanks

Curt