[asterisk-users] FAX questions

Artifex Maximus artifexor at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 06:32:40 MST 2006

Hello,

I have an incoming PRI (T405P card) and a TDM 2400P with 6 modules
connected to a channel bank with 50 pins cable. There are places for
16 phones, 4 faxes and 4 GSM gateway. Outgoing call are perfect but I
will need some debounce tuning because sometimes line "ring back". But
it's another story.

I use 2 faxes (Zap/7 and Zap/5) and they collected in group. Zap/7 is
my primary fax and Zap/5 is my secondary fax.

I write a simple macro for incoming faxes:

[macro-fax-incoming]
exten => s,1,Dial(Zap/G3)
exten => s,2,Hangup
exten => s,102,Hangup

I think there is enough room for improving this macro. :-) G3 because
I need to go down in channel numbers (7-5). Do I need Answer() or this
"direct" connection with Dial() is enough? If I use Answer() the
caller will pay even if both faxes are  busy. Do I need send busy tone
and give a Busy() command if both channels are busy or is it
"automatically" happen?

My problem is I get a lot of 'NO ANSWER' call in CDR when both faxes
are ready. How I store DIALSTATUS in CDR record?

Another question. With latest version of asterisk softwares am I able
using rxfax? I had read some remarks about incompatibility between TDM
card and rxfax. Is it still exist?

bye,
Zsolt