[asterisk-users] Abstraction for a newbie

Colin MacMillan macmillanc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 03:54:52 MST 2006

Dominic,

I am not familiar with Trixbox, however a similar service from Sipgate in
the UK is configured in Asterisk quite easily.  Check out this link.

http://www.sipgate.co.uk/faq/index.php?aktion=artikel&rubrik=715&id=540&lang=de&highlight=asterisk

>From what I understand, these type of 'trunks' are really just SIP
accounts.  Having Asterisk or Trixbox register the account gives you control
of how to use the line, as opposed to configuring a SIP account on a
telephone.

Hope this helps,
Colin