[asterisk-users] PRI Clock Signal Problem

Nico van der Walt nvanderwalt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 02:12:33 MST 2006

I am using a Digium TE110P to connect to my local telco's PRI network.
The problem is that I do not pick up a clock signal from the telco.
According to zttool and /proc/zaptel/1 the sync source is 'internally
clocked'.

By not using the telco's clock source I'm having problems with faxes and
occasional HDLC errors and dropped calls.

/etc/zaptel.conf looks like this:
     span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
     dchan=16
     bchan=1-15,17-31

I suspected the PRI line may be faulty so I moved the server to another
location where I know I'm picking up a clock source on a 4 port Digium
card. The problem persisted on the single port TE110P. I then replaced
the TE110P with an identical TE110P and the new card still uses the
internal clock. I even tried 3 different motherboards (2 Intel and 1
Gigabyte) but nothing changed.

Did anyone have a similar problem?