[asterisk-users] Re: Asterisk load testing

Stefan-Michael. Guenther (in-put GbR) asterisk at in-put.de
Mon Aug 14 23:34:21 MST 2006

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 15. August 2006 00:28 schrieb
asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com:
>Hi,
> did anyone try do load-testing on asterisk, for sip channel calls?
>I want to have a rough estimate about - how many calls, an asterisk server,
>running on say dual 240 opteron with 1 GB memory, can handle?
>Also how much internet bandwidth does a typical call requires? I heard
>around 20Kbps with typical codecs, is that right?

we have been responsible for an Asterisk server ( Celeron 2 GHz, 256 MB) that
was "treated" with the ABACUS 5000.

More info on the ABACUS:
http://www.spirentcom.com/analysis/technology.cfm?az-c=pl&media=7&ws=325&ss=111

The ABACUS simulated up to 1100 SIP clients with 550 SIP calls between these
clients.

I'm still waiting for a more detailed report from the consultant who operated
the  ABACUS.

Stefan

in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus
Stefan-Michael Guenther