[asterisk-users] Re: G729

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Mon Aug 14 21:06:43 MST 2006

On 2006-07-09 00:19:06 -0700, "Khaled Chehab" <kchehab at xplorium.com> said:

> I registered  5 g729 codec and the result was , I cant use these channels
> because all channels are not available even  I have no call on the system
> 5/0 encoders/decoders of 5 licensed channels are currently in use

Make sure you have downloaded the proper codecs for your CPU. I know
this has been an issue.

I have 1 license and my box (1.2.10) shows:

0/0 encoders/decoders of 1 licensed channels are currently in use

I don't often use my license, because I was able to get ulaw working
for all my routes, and it sounds better to my old ears.

Good Luck,
Marty