[asterisk-users] Dapper Drake, Asterisk, and Faxing

Warrick Zedi wzedi at noojeeit.com.au
Mon Aug 14 17:29:18 MST 2006

There is no Debian package currently available for AsterFax. We do have
plans to make a full apt based install available for Debian similar to the
yum based one we now have for CentOS/RedHat.

You have a couple of options in the mean time:
1. Install AsterFax manually using the installation instructions at
http://asterfax.sourceforge.net/Installing%20AsterFax.html (under the Manual
section)
2. Install yum on your Dapper box (shudder) and use the install.sh script
that is available at
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=152880&package_id=176
296&release_id=436956.

Having said all that I haven't tested AsterFax on a Debian box so I'm not
sure how smoothly all this will run for you. If you go the yum root (just as
temporary measure) it should make things really easy for you but there may
be some assumptions in the script that are not valid for Debian.

If you do try this let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Warrick