[asterisk-users] More SNOM, Message Indicator/Retrieval issues

J. Oquendo sil at infiltrated.net
Mon Aug 14 13:09:41 MST 2006

I've got a strange issue with SNOM's and Asterisk v.1.2.10

[root at comp ~]# asterisk -rx "show version"
Asterisk 1.2.10 built by root @ comp on a i686 running Linux on
2006-07-24 23:42:12 UTC
Verbosity is at least 10
Core debug is at least 1

My SNOM's are a mixture of 360's and 320's.

Before hand here is my entry for voicemail:

exten => default,1,VoicemailMain()
exten => asterisk,1,VoicemailMain()
exten => unknown,1,VoicemailMain()
exten => Unknown,1,VoicemailMain()

Now this is what is happening. I leave a message, less than a minute
later, Message light on the SNOM lights up. Hit the retrieve button,
asks me for my username and password. Enter 3200 for username, 3200 for
password, it tells me it's an incorrect login. I hang up. Hit the
retrieve button, user 3200 password 3200. You have X_Amount of messages.
It is giving me bad information on the initial retrieval but allowing it
in on the second attempt. Anyone else experience this? Also, has anyone
been able to successfully get the sidecar working with these phones. I
have one 360 with a sidecar and the only buttons that illuminate are for
those phones which are unregistered. It should be showing me who is on
the phone.

TIA

J. Oquendo
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1383A743
GPG Key ID 0x1383A743
Fingerprint:
7B02 28CF 24D3 ACA7 9907  789A 8772 7736 1383 A743
26:0608031813:J. Oquendo::fNaE6zH/HDTggYKS:005zLMj

sil . infiltrated @ net
http://www.infiltrated.net

The happiness of society is the end of government.
John Adams