[asterisk-users] SIP Qualify

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Aug 14 12:42:35 MST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: Douglas Garstang
[mailto:dgarstang at oneeighty.com]
Non-Commercial Discussion [mailto:asterisk-users at lists.digium.com]
Sent:
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 20:24:35 -0300
Subject: [asterisk-users] SIP Qualify

> Ok, what's the deal with qualify in sip.conf. The docs on the voip wiki at:
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+sip+qualify
>
> state that it can take either yes, no, of a number which represents how long
> in milliseconds between polling. I set it to 1000, (ie qualify=1000), did a
> reload,  and it's obviously polling at 60 seconds, not 1 seconds, as
> evidenced from an ngrep trace.

The value that qualify takes is the maximum time to accept before considering the device unreachable. If I set qualify to 200ms, and my device's qualify time is 250ms then the device will be considered unreachable.

> I'm guessing the wiki is wrong, because it also says the default polling
> period is 2s, not 60s.
>
> Can someone update that? Can ANYONE fix those pages on the voip wiki?

Yes, you can. voip-info.org is a wiki that anyone can update/change/modify.

> Doug.

Joshua Colp
Digium