[asterisk-users] queue announcements when using ringback

Nic Bellamy nicb-lists at vadacom.co.nz
Mon Aug 14 16:22:43 MST 2006

Urban wrote:

> Hi,
>
> queue announcements works when we use music on hold in the queue, but
> if we use ringback e.g. queue(myqueue|r|....) the announcments and
> hold time are not working, it seems that * is not even trying to read
> the queueu-announcment files. Is this by design, or is there a work
> around?

Appears to be by-design, as the code specifically avoids playing
announcements when the "r" flag is passed.

Workaround that we use successfully: create/capture your standard
ringing tone, and set up a musiconhold class that just loops it, and use
this class for your queue. This way, the caller will hear ringing, but
with the announcements breaking in as they should.

HTH.

Cheers,
    Nic.

--