[asterisk-users] Associating an Originate Request to a Channel before the call is answered

Janahan Vivekanandan janahanv at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 14 01:44:04 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to cancel a call before the other side answers.

It looks like I can do this by issueing a HangUp Action using the ChannelId that asterisk initiates the call on. Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to associate the NewChannel Event which contains the ChannelId, to the Originate Action. I'm using the Async mode of the Originate Action, and it looks like the UniqueID in the Response to the Originate Action is null.

I know that I can use the ActionID to accomplish this once I receive the OriginateSuccess event, but I need to be able to cancel the call before it is answered(I'm pretty sure OriginateSuccess is only sent after the  call is answered, correct me if I'm wrong...:-)

thanks bunch.
-janahan