[asterisk-users] 911 Testing

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Aug 13 04:21:39 MST 2006

Dovid Bender wrote:
> Good Morning List,
> When setting up a pbx and you want to test your 911 settings do you call
> 911 and tell them its a test call or do you relly that you set it up
> properly and hope for the best when some one call's 911 ?

I believe most 911 centers would prefer you call their non-emergency
number before testing to let them know what you're about to do. They may
suggest a less busy time to do the tests, etc.

I know a lot of installers that just dial 911 without any previous
contact and I don't recall any of them getting chewed out for doing it.
Guess if you keep the conversation short its less likely to be a bother.

 From a quality control perspective, I'm sure they would appreciate a
test call to ensure caller id / ani, street address, etc, are accurate.