[asterisk-users] Sipura SPA-3000 vs Sangoma A200

Tom tom at ispstuff.com
Fri Aug 11 12:36:22 MST 2006

Stephen,

FWIW  I have not used the SPA-3000 but we just took delivery of an
A200d yesterday and installed it in our asterisk server.  Had it up
and running in a couple of hours.   We were previously using a PRI
with a Lucent TNT gateway that has hardware echo suppression built in.

We are now using 4 pots lines and I cannot tell the difference in
sound (after we kicked the gain up to +5 on both Tx and Rx).  It just
works, is rock solid, and is very well engineered.  We had to call
Sangoma once for a doc problem on the install but they answered the
phone and quickly fixed the mistake.  We will be using the A200d
exclusively in small business * servers that use pots.

We had tried several of the 4 port digium cards previously on the
same pots lines but could never get rid of the echo unless the gain
was set really low.

IMHO The A200d rocks!  It has totally removed echo as a pots problem.

Tom