[asterisk-users] Auto retry on Busy

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at mercury.net
Fri Aug 11 11:29:36 MST 2006

Why don't you just test for the dial status after the dial command
completes? I don't really see why you want something to keep dialing
until it gets through, but this would work.

[something]
1,1,Dial(zap/,sip/, etc/whatever, 10)
1,n,gotoif[${DIALSTATUS}="BUSY"]?(LINEBUSY):(OTHER)
1,n(LINEBUSY), Wait(30)
1,n,goto(something,1,1)
1,n(OTHER), do something else

Sure it is pretty rough, but the basics are there. Also you might want
to read this: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+variable+DIALSTATUS

Kevin