[asterisk-users] Asterisk IAXmodem HylaFax?

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Fri Aug 11 11:01:47 MST 2006

Actually lately I have been poking around my Visual Studio .NET IDE and
ruminating about writing a client since the FTP protocol HylaFAX uses is
quite well documented; the other advantage with using VS instead of Python
or gtk or whatever is you can leverage the excellent Microsoft ODBC/DAO
plumbing for address books, logging and the like (and a consistient Windows
GUI, which Cypheus for example has in spades, it's just too bad it's so
flaky)

The Zetafax client essentially uses port 139 and submits the .tif to a
Windows share so I don;t think it would be really possible to modify it,
interesting idea though.