[asterisk-users] Port Forwarding SIP rtp

Alex Robar alex.robar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 07:05:04 MST 2006

If he suspects the problem is iptables, but isn't sure, disabling it is a
surefire way to be certain. That doesn't mean he has to leave it disabled,
but it's certainly narrowed down the source of the issue. If at that point
he's able to say that iptables is his issue, he can then go and determine
what the proper filter rules are for it.

Alex

On 8/11/06, Peter Bowyer <peter at bowyer.org> wrote:

> If someone asked your for help finding their front door key, would
> your proposed solution be to leave the door unlocked?
>
> On 11/08/06, Rosli Sukri <roslisukri at gmail.com> wrote:
> > just disable iptables - if use redhat/fedora
> >
> > #service iptables stop
> >

> > On 8/11/06, Siqhamo Sifo <siqhamo at newlunar.co.za > wrote:
> > > I need help with SIP,RTP port forwarding , I can connect using SIP and
> > > make calls but there is no audio even though my kernel has sip support
> and
> > > I suspect that it has to do with iptables.
> > >

> > > Siqhamo Sifo
> > > NewLunar Technology Solutions
> > > 5th Floor
> > > SmartXchange