[asterisk-users] Port Forwarding SIP rtp

Evalyn Wafula wafula at bitlink.co.ke
Fri Aug 11 05:41:56 MST 2006

If you are using a Linux gateway to connect your local LAN to the Internet,
then redirect as follows:

/sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp -i ethx --destination-port 5060 \
     -j DNAT --to-destination xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

/sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp -i ethx --destination-port \

10000:20000 -j DNAT --to-destination xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Where ethx is Internet facing interface of the Linux gateway and
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of Asterisk.

Wafula