[asterisk-users] Warning - Voiplink.com doesn't deliver - stuckin a hole

Dovid Bender asteriskusers at dovid.net
Fri Aug 11 06:50:41 MST 2006

You get what you pay for in life....
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: dorn hetzel
  Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 12:11 PM
  Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Warning - Voiplink.com doesn't deliver - stuckin a hole

  I have always had excellent service from Atacomm.  Not always the absolute lowest price, but they pretty much ship when they say they will.

  On 8/10/06, Don Tasker <dontaskers at yahoo.com> wrote:
    Had the same issue here as well, our company was in a
    dire need for some digium cards due to an internal
    system failure. So we ordered some replacements from
    voiplink for overnight delivery, we loved the pricing
    they had on the website and even called to confirm
    they had stock and could ship that very same day as
    well as confirm the pricing.

    After placing the order, our card was charged
    immediately, and we thought all was well.

    After several failed attempts to contact them and
    products not arriving the next day as promised, we
    were finally able to make contact with a rep at
    voiplink a few days later and found that products
    still had not YET shipped and that they were unable to
    fufil the order with pricing they had listed on their
    website and confirmed verbally over the phone.

    We immediately demanded the order canceled. Since we
    urgently needed the products, we decided to try
    finding a more reliable vendor.

    They claimed to be able to ship out the products that
    night so as not to lose our order, but only if we paid
    almost DOUBLE the price we both agreed upon AND
    accepted payment for!!!

    We can only conclude that this was a "bait and switch"
    tactic meant to take advantage of our situation.

    Either way, we wanted the order cancelled and chose to
    go elsewhere. We requested the amount refunded, but
    even that took over a WEEK!!

    We ended up going with Atacomm off of a referral for
    the products in hopes they could fufil our needs on
    time. Being weary, I called them first and confirmed
    they had them, which they told me they stocked in
    their very own warehouse. We ordered the products and
    the very the next day had the products in our hands
    without any hassle.

    Additionaly, they even had tracking to me that very
    day which ensured I was getting the products.

    Stay away from voiplink!

    -Don

    Discussion <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com >
    > Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Warning - Voiplink.com
    doesn't deliver - stuck in a hole
    Non-Commercial Discussion
    <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>

    > Mr. Jones wrote:
    >> I have had the same experience with a Grandstream
    order from them - 7
    >> days and no product.
    >>
    >> They even told me it was shipping Monday, but
    couldn't produce a
    >> tracking number on Tuesday.
    >
    > I ordered a T1 card from them on July 17.  No trace
    of it.  I've sent
    > them four e-mails, the last two asking them to
    simply cancel the order
    > and give me a refund.  The last e-mail
    "half-bounced" (I got bounces
    > from some of the addresses the original recipient
    address must have
    > forwarded to).  I never got a single response from
    them, and they still
    > have my money, and I still have no card (or even a
    tracking number).

    > I'll initiate a charge-back via my credit card
    company today--it's been