[asterisk-users] Problem with dtmf and voice mail

Paul A Brown paul at fowlmere.com
Fri Aug 11 06:29:59 MST 2006

Hi Guys,

Happy Friday

I have 2 problems....

I run Asterisk at home with some Cisco 7960's

1) DTMF - When I dial a number on the 7960 it works fine. However if I dial
a number that asks 'Dial 1 for this and 2 for that' and I hit 1 or 2 (or
whatever0 the other end acts as though nothing is heard. Any ideas?

2) Voicemail - I use a company called sipgate for my internal route. When
someone calls from outsied the call never goes to vmail. However if I dial
from ext to ext it does...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul