[asterisk-users] Samsung Prostar DCS

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Thu Aug 10 10:13:15 MST 2006

Curt Shaffer wrote:
> I walked into a new potential * install yesterday. They are running a
> Samsung Prostar DCS. Does anyone have any experience with these out
> there that you could relay some things to look out for when integrating
> this until the migration is complete? Or what would be the best way to
> integrate it while migrating.

We coupled an Asterisk box to a Samsung DCS a while back. We did it
based on ISDN2 BRI lines, where Asterisk was the NT side. We did notice
the DCS had some problems accepting different timing sources on
different TE busses, causing some strange effects with callers in
meetme-conferences. It worked fine for some time, but needed recycling
every once in a while, so I would not recommend this approach unless you
also have a good DCS technician with you :) Eventually we phased out the
DCS and implemented IP-phones all over the office.

If you need a solid approach, perhaps you can place the *-machine in the
path of the ISDN lines:

DCS -> * -> PSTN

This would avoid the timing issues we have seen.

Best regards,
Florian