[asterisk-users] Warning - Voiplink.com doesn't deliver - stuck in a hole

Don Tasker dontaskers at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 08:49:14 MST 2006

Had the same issue here as well, our company was in a
dire need for some digium cards due to an internal
system failure. So we ordered some replacements from
voiplink for overnight delivery, we loved the pricing
they had on the website and even called to confirm
they had stock and could ship that very same day as
well as confirm the pricing.

After placing the order, our card was charged
immediately, and we thought all was well.

After several failed attempts to contact them and
products not arriving the next day as promised, we
were finally able to make contact with a rep at
voiplink a few days later and found that products
still had not YET shipped and that they were unable to
fufil the order with pricing they had listed on their
website and confirmed verbally over the phone.

We immediately demanded the order canceled. Since we
urgently needed the products, we decided to try
finding a more reliable vendor.

They claimed to be able to ship out the products that
night so as not to lose our order, but only if we paid
almost DOUBLE the price we both agreed upon AND
accepted payment for!!!

We can only conclude that this was a "bait and switch"
tactic meant to take advantage of our situation.

Either way, we wanted the order cancelled and chose to
go elsewhere. We requested the amount refunded, but
even that took over a WEEK!!

We ended up going with Atacomm off of a referral for
the products in hopes they could fufil our needs on
time. Being weary, I called them first and confirmed
they had them, which they told me they stocked in
their very own warehouse. We ordered the products and
the very the next day had the products in our hands
without any hassle.

Additionaly, they even had tracking to me that very
day which ensured I was getting the products.

Stay away from voiplink!

-Don

Discussion <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Warning - Voiplink.com
doesn't deliver - stuck in a hole
Non-Commercial Discussion
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>

> Mr. Jones wrote:
>> I have had the same experience with a Grandstream
order from them - 7
>> days and no product.
>>
>> They even told me it was shipping Monday, but
couldn't produce a
>> tracking number on Tuesday.
>
> I ordered a T1 card from them on July 17.  No trace
of it.  I've sent
> them four e-mails, the last two asking them to
simply cancel the order
> and give me a refund.  The last e-mail
"half-bounced" (I got bounces
> from some of the addresses the original recipient
address must have
> forwarded to).  I never got a single response from
them, and they still
> have my money, and I still have no card (or even a
tracking number).

> I'll initiate a charge-back via my credit card
company today--it's been