[asterisk-users] Re: Ever donate Software to Digium? If you didyour afool.

Don sales at xwebfactor.com
Wed Aug 9 13:39:04 MST 2006

There is no doubt Asterisk is a nice peiece of software...and it does a nice
job on our prepaid/postpaid apps...
But it will need to evolve even more quickly to keep up with what freeswitch
will have within the next few months...unless they plan to stay mainly under
the idea of relatively small business use. Thread issues are virtually non
existant in freeswitch. And Digium has fallen short with their hardware
where Sangoma has picked up the ball and ran with it. I am not trashing
Digium by the way...I just see a lot of changes they will need to make for
the future if they want to stay on top of that which they have basically
invented. Sangoma for instance...their support seems phenominal...Digium's
on the other hand...I have talked to people they that seem to know less
about asterisk than I do...and that just shouldn't be the case.
It happens everywhere though...applications, games, automobiles, etc...Take
an example of the gaming industry verant basically put MMORPG games on the
map...but they didn't evolve and Everquest and Everquest 2 fell to the
wayside of newer more creative ideas.
It's hard to stay on top in the computer world.