[asterisk-users] High Availability

Eric Rousse eric.rousse at telmatik.com
Wed Aug 9 11:10:23 MST 2006

Hey guys,

I'm currently investigating solutions about High Availability solution,
I've found out about this webpage on voip-info.org:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+High+Availability+Solutions

But that's cool for the voice and stuff. But what about the recording.
If I don't want to put too much load on the main servers
that will process the calls, is there a way that we can setup 2 extra
servers, that will handle the call recording ? I'm guessing that call
recording
might generate a lot of work and i/o on the disk. But not sure, since
I've never done that before and not even sure if its a good idea to
transmit that
over the network ?

Anyway, if anyone has any other link about High Availability Solutions,
that would be great!

Thanks,