[asterisk-users] Re: agi script runs even if no answer

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Aug 8 06:51:12 MST 2006

In article <384c93600608080524j76c2b33bwdb729621e7c4b0c9 at mail.gmail.com>,
shawn bright <nephish at gmail.com> wrote:

> ok, here is the text written by my script in a file called drop.call in
> /var/spool/asterisk/tmp. After the file is created, it is moved to
> /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing
>
> Channel: Zap/4/2441243
> Callerid: 2445599
> WaitTime: 15
> Context: outboundmsg1
> Extension: s
>
> thanks
> sk

OK, so you are calling out via a Zap channel. Is this an analogue line
or a digital line?

I suspect it is an analogue line, in which case it can be tricky to tell
when the line has been answered at the other end. I believe the default
is for Asterisk to consider the line answered as soon as the call is
placed.

There is experimental support for call progress detection, which can
be enabled in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf (look for the "callprogress"
option). However, I don't know anything about it, having never used it.

The only way to make this really reliable is to use a digital interface,
either BRI or PRI.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Tony