[asterisk-users] (OT) DS3 Barrel/T-connector/Adtran MX2800 Problems

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Mon Aug 7 20:39:05 MST 2006

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, Steve Totaro wrote:

> > If your M13 is coming up clean, I'd double check the continuity to
> > those ports from the DSX connections out to the patch panel.
>
> That was exactly the issue.  The amphenol cable was loose on one end.
> What is the best way to fasten these things?  There is only a screw on
> one side.  I am duct taping these things down for now but what is the
> standard way of fastening them?  The Adtran didn't come with a clip or
> velcro or anything, neither did the TenorAX boxes I am using.

We went the Duct Tape route initially for the side that doesn't have the
screw, but eventually moved to some velcro contraption that one of our
techs dreamed up while drinking at the bar downstairs. So far, so good. We
just stay far away from the connections on the back of the rack! ;)

The MX200 is a fantastic product, with great support! I'll never even
consider buying a mux from another company after the support that Adtran
has given us with ours.

                             KP-216-121-ST