[asterisk-users] Re: Meetme chat room with many users, and only 4 can talk, is there a max amount of users?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Mon Aug 7 13:39:56 MST 2006

In article <44D785A8.4080304 at kinetos.com>,
Manrique Feoli <manrique.feoli at kinetos.com> wrote:
> Hi

Please don't hit "reply" on an existing message when you want to start
a new topic. It makes your message get mixed in with another thread.
Instead, start a NEW message and put the list address in from your
Address Book.

> I need to setup a meetme room where you could accept say 120 incoming
> calls to listen to the chat,  BUT,  only the first 4 can talk,  so when
> one of the first 4 leaves the room,  number 5 becomes 4 and is able to
> talk on the room.
>
> Is this doable with meetme??   (am I making any sense?)

Not directly. You will need some kind of program that is using the
Manager API to monitor activity and issue the unmute commands.

Alternatively, make your own customised version of MeetMe itself.

You should also consider how you might notify a caller when they become
eligible to speak.

> Is this a reasonable amount of calls to handle with meetme?¿?

That depends on many factors: CPU power; whether the calls come in via
a quad-E1 card or VoIP; for VoIP, what codec is used; etc.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield