[asterisk-users] res_sqlite problems

Michael Iedema mriedema at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 10:15:47 MST 2006

Greetings,
I'm trying to replace my extensions.conf with a sqlite database.  So
far everything's gone really rocky to be honest with you.  I do,
however have it up and running with a few minor cli messages
complaining about the missing 'h' extension, etc.

Problem:
I'm trying to stress test asterisk a bit to see the performance
difference between the static extensions.conf and the realtime one.
I've generated a 10000 entry extension with Answer, many NoOp's and
Hangup to do this.  res_sqlite segfaults asterisk when attempting to
go through this.  I've messed with the res_sqlite code and noticed
that the needed memory's being statically allocated beforehand.
Increasing the array solves the problem but it makes me wonder about
the resource's flexibility.

Questions:
Is anyone using res_sqlite to do really heavy lifting at their
install? (multiple queries, views, etc)
Can anyone vouch for it's stability in general?
Does anyone have any additional documentation related to it?  There
seems to be a real lack of docs on this one.

Thanks in advance,
--Michael I.