[asterisk-users] Simple incomming fax solution ...

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 08:46:06 MST 2006

If you are just planning to receive Faxes, i would say that in the worst
case you will have to play with Zapata RX gains but definetly you will get
your job done with sucess without  any extra hardware than Digium boards.

At least I got:) also with x100p clone card and with Digium board.

On 8/7/06, Carlos Chavez <cursor at telecomabmex.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 16:17 +0100, phil.dawson at marnock.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm about to install a digium card for two analog lines replacing my
> x100
> > clone card.  I want to receive faxes on one of these lines.  I believe
> > faxing is not officially supported on these cards as they cannot
> guarantee
> > 100% success rate but this wont stop me trying :-)
> >
> > The question(s) are:
> >
> > Can I receive a fax using Asterisk directly or do I need a fax machine
> > route to using an ATA?
> > If I need an ATA for a fax machine can you recommend one that does the
> job
> > well?
> >
>         The short answers are:
>
> 1 - If you do not have a physical fax machine use iaxmodem/hylafax on
> the asterisk machine to send and receive faxes.
>
> 2 - If you have a fax machine buy something like the Linksys PAP2 or the
> Linksys SPA-2002 and only enable alaw.
>
>         Either way you should have a decent enough success rate with your
> faxes.
>
> --
> Carlos Chavez Prats
> Director de Tecnología
> Telecomunicaciones Abiertas de México S.A. de C.V.
> Tel: +52-55-91169161 Ext 2001

Com os melhores cumprimentos,

Marco Mouta