[asterisk-users] Ring Groups

Hadley Rich asterisk at nice.net.nz
Sun Aug 6 13:44:55 MST 2006

On Monday 07 August 2006 06:36, Chris Hembrow wrote:
> I am new to asterisk, and learning as I plod along. Currently, I am
> trying to work out how to create a ring group without using AMP.

You should check out the book - 'Asterisk: The Future of Telephony' -
published by O'Reilly it's available to buy or download. It will give you a
good starting point.

> I set my inbound line to ring multiple lines by using
> Dial(SIP/101,SIP/102) but when I answered the call, the lines which
> didn't answer became locked with no dialtone, as though on a call.

That dial line should be Dial(SIP/101&SIP/102) - the comma (or a pipe, |)
separates what to dial from the options to the dial command. typing 'show
application dial' from the Asterisk CLI will get you all the gory details.

> I thought that setting up a ring group might help, but could only find
> references to creating them through AMP.

'Ring Group' is just an AMP term, you are going about it the right way above.

HTH

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz