[asterisk-users] g729 and trafic

Michael Graves dickson at covad.net
Sun Aug 6 06:14:52 MST 2006

BTW, whether the streams pass through the server constantly, or not, depends upon how you set things up. If you allow reinvites for each end point and don't force Asterisk to monitor call
progress then the streams will not pass through the server once the call is established.

If you plan on using voicemail, MOH, or other codecs then you will typically need G.729a codecs installed to permit transcoding.

Michael Graves

--Original Message Text---
From: Michael Graves
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 07:57:35 -0500

In fact I will handle G.729a. Most likely two calls. This hardware complement is very close to that of a Soekris Net4801, which I use running Astlinux & 2 G.729a licenses. It handles two calls
at a time, but any more and the calls get choppy and stutter.

Michael

--Original Message Text---