[asterisk-users] Is the manager good for high traffic?? but only with one connection to it

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 13:02:13 MST 2006

astGUIclient-VICIDIAL handles volumes like that over a few manager
connections. We have done that for 3 years across multiple versions of
Asterisk and it is very stable.

The way we designed it, we have a listening daemon, a sending daemon
and a status daemon. The sending script spawns children that run new
actions and then die off.  The listen script has an open manager
connection but only listens for events and updates database from those
events. The status update script keeps tabs on the status of channels
in the system through it's "command" manager connection so it only
receives responses to it's own commands, not all output.

The manager is much more stable than it was 3 years ago, although it
does still have it's rare bugs it works very well.

MATT---