[asterisk-users] Is the manager good for high traffic?? but only with one connection to it

Manrique Feoli manrique.feoli at kinetos.com
Fri Aug 4 10:51:04 MST 2006

Hi,

I've read all over that the manager conection  (via sockets)  isn't good
for high traffic applications with multiple manager connections at the
same time with one asterisk,  the connection hangs and many other problems.

having said that, my question is:

Has anyone worked on a fairly high traffic environment BUT  with ONLY
ONE connection to administer asterisk via the manager,  that is to do
Login/Logout call generation, etc??    that is sending commands and
receiving many events per minute or even per second.
I'm talking about 60 lines / 2 E1 with working full at some peak times,
with 30 agents on SIP.

is it stable enough?    what other way should I go if not.

I appreaciate any point of view,  or past experiences....  anything

thanx