[asterisk-users] Sangoma A200 and Disconnected Cables

Alex Robar alex.robar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 09:06:05 MST 2006

This bothers me a bit too, as I've certainly noticed this. But then, the
typical phone system shouldn't be in a position where cables are
accidentially unplugged very often. I've found Sangoma to be very open to
suggestions though... Maybe if we bug them about it enough, they'll include
it in the next wanpipe release?

Alex

On 8/4/06, Andres <andres at telesip.net> wrote:

> I was wondering if other A200 users experience the same problem I have.
> If someone accidentaly pulls one of the FXO cables, the driver does not
> detect that and Asterisk still tries to send calls via that port. On the
> other hand Digium cards immediately sense the cable disconnect and calls
> are routed via the next available channel.
>
> Do others see the same behavior?
>
> This really bugs me about the A200 and Sangoma's response was "In our
> Wanpipe, even if you plug the cable out, the system is still going to
> send packets to that port and shows "connected". Only if you delete that
> channel from Zaptel & Zapata, then the system will detect it as
> disconnected. In fact, this is just the way we define our Wanpipe".
>
> --
> Andres

Alex Robar
alex.robar at gmail.com