[asterisk-users] Sangoma A200 and Disconnected Cables

Andres andres at telesip.net
Fri Aug 4 08:23:43 MST 2006

I was wondering if other A200 users experience the same problem I have.
If someone accidentaly pulls one of the FXO cables, the driver does not
detect that and Asterisk still tries to send calls via that port. On the
other hand Digium cards immediately sense the cable disconnect and calls
are routed via the next available channel.

Do others see the same behavior?

This really bugs me about the A200 and Sangoma's response was "In our
Wanpipe, even if you plug the cable out, the system is still going to
send packets to that port and shows “connected”. Only if you delete that
channel from Zaptel & Zapata, then the system will detect it as
disconnected. In fact, this is just the way we define our Wanpipe".

--
Andres