[asterisk-users] SNOM 360

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 08:39:55 MST 2006

On 8/4/06, Dovid Bender <asteriskusers at dovid.net> wrote:

> > The snom does seem to manage its two local ports properly though but
> > this cannot be hard. Worst case is that the snom needs about 128Kb/s -
> > Not hard on a 100Mb/s full duplex connection :)
> >
> > Dovid - Have you identified where the bottleneck is in this case? You
> > do not specify as far as I can see. Is the VoIP call using the
> > internet, or is it local?
> >
> It is using the internet. The problem is when a user starts a big download.
> The phone call goes to s***.

Dovid,

There are devices on the market that claim to prioritise certain
traffic in favour of downloads and browsing. This can obviously only
prioritise traffic outbound, but on an ADSL link, this is often what
is needed.

Try googling for such a device? We don't use them ourselves as we
operate on the principle that a "free" call is worth what you pay for
it :)

Steve