[asterisk-users] sendtext() to another machine

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Fri Aug 4 06:01:54 MST 2006

I am using sendtext() across 2 machines that connect with IAX.
I am sending a text message to the phone.
My problem is that I do not answer the text page but after ringing 5
times the IAX connection
says it was answered.

When I generate this page local to "server" it works correctly. It does
not say answered until I answer it.

This only happens over the IAX2 connect between machines. Can I not do
sendtext() with IAX across asterisk boxes?

-------------------------- log starts here.

    -- Attempting call on IAX2/boxa_to_server/593 for
smvoice_sendtext at smvoice-dialout:1 (Retry 1)
    -- Call accepted by XX.XX.XX.XX (format alaw)
    -- Format for call is alaw
       > Channel IAX2/boxa_to_server-1 was answered.
    -- Executing SendText("IAX2/boxa_to_server-1", ""4 t1"") in new stack
    -- Executing AGI("IAX2/boxa_to_server-1", "smvoice|-digium_success")
in new stack
    -- Launched AGI Script /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/smvoice
    -- AGI Script smvoice completed, returning 0
    -- Executing Hangup("IAX2/boxa_to_server-1", "") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (smvoice-dialout, smvoice_sendtext, 3) exited
non-zero on 'IAX2/boxa_to_server-1'
    -- Hungup 'IAX2/boxa_to_server-1'

thanks

jerry