[asterisk-users] Configuring meetme recording quality (8kHz to 32kHz or higher)

Jan du Toit jan.du.toit at decisionworx.com
Fri Aug 4 03:16:08 MST 2006

Hi.

At the moment we record our meetme conference to wav format, after which
we have a script in place converting the wav to mp3 format.

I need it to be encoded with MPEG1-layer3, so that I can play it back
via our application using the Java Media Framework, but the wave files
are encoded to MPEG2.5-Layer3. This is because asterisk records the
files at 8kHz. You can't encode a 8kHz wave file to MPEG1-layer 3, only
to MPEG2.5-Layer 3.

In order to encode a wave file to MPEG1-layer3 you need either 32, 44.1
or 48 kHz.

So my question is can you/how configure asterisk to record at 32kHz and
not 8kHz?

Thanks for all the help.