[asterisk-users] Using Flite in a call file.

Joey McDonald joey at scare.org
Thu Aug 3 13:32:09 MST 2006

Greetings,

I've created a perl CGI that will generate an asterisk call file in
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/

I'm stuck however getting the application 'Flite' working in the call file.
By way of example, the CGI generates
the following:

channel: Local/xxxxxxxxxx at from-internal
maxretries: 3
retrytime: 60
waittime: 60
callerid: "WakeUp" <*62>
application: Flite("Wake me up")
data:

Where xxxxxxxxxx is a phone number to dial and "Wake me up" is text entered
by the form.

Asterisk correctly dial's the number but Flite isn't executed properly. If I
change the application line to

application: MusicOnHold

It executes that just fine. I have Flite working in my dialplan, like so:

exten => *65,1,Answer
exten => *65,2,Flite("Your phone number is ${CALLERIDNUM}, now go do some
work.")
exten => *65,3,Hangup

That works just fine; lastely asterisk has Flite properly registered as an
application:

pbx*CLI> show application flite
pbx*CLI>
  -= Info about application 'Flite' =-

[Synopsis]
Say text to the user, using Flite

[Description]
  Flite(text[|intkeys]):  This will invoke the Flite TTS engine,
send a text string, get back the resulting waveform and play it to
the user, allowing any given interrupt keys to immediately terminate
and return.

So, I'm stuck and not too sure how to get this to go. Any suggestions,
thanks!

          --joey