[asterisk-users] VoiceMail being cutoff when leaving message

Randy Paries rtparies at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 09:19:47 MST 2006

Hello,
I have some of my users that when they leave their voicemail it cuts
off mid message.
the majority works fine. i am new to this so be gentle.....

my voicemail.conf is below.(Asterisk 1.2.7.1)

i have the maxsilence set to 200, so i assume that is not the problem
not sure if i understand what the  silencethreshold does and if that could help

Thanks for anyhelp

cat  voicemail.conf
[general]
format=wav
serveremail=asterisk
attach=yes
maxmessage=0
minmessage=3
maxgreet=60
skipms=3000
maxsilence=200
silencethreshold=128
maxlogins=3
sendvoicemail=yes

fromstring=The Asterisk PBX
usedirectory=yes

emailbody=Dear ${VM_NAME}:\n\n\tjust wanted to let you know you were
just left a ${VM_DUR} long message (number ${VM_MSGNUM})\nin mailbox
${VM_MAILBOX} from ${VM_CALLERID}, on ${VM_DATE}, so you might\nwant
to check it when you get a chance.  Thanks!\n\n\t\t\t\t--Asterisk\n

pagerfromstring=The Asterisk PBX
pagersubject=New VM
pagerbody=New ${VM_DUR} long msg in box ${VM_MAILBOX}\nfrom
${VM_CALLERID}, on ${VM_DATE}
emaildateformat=%A, %B %d, %Y at %r
emaildateformat=%A, %d %B %Y at %H:%M:%S
mailcmd=/usr/sbin/sendmail -t