[asterisk-users] Number of Rings Before Asterisk Takes Over

Massimo Nuvoli massimo at archivio.it
Thu Aug 3 00:18:35 MST 2006

Ira ha scritto:
> At 11:23 PM 8/2/2006, you wrote:
>> I'm just wondering how many users are willing to have the caller wait an
>> additional 2 rings (in addition to the 3 audible rings for the Asterisk
>> receiving phone). This seems like something that should have some sort of
>> workaround. No?
>
> You can disable callerid in zapata.cfg and that should make 1 ring go away.
>
> It's all documented here:
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+zapata.conf

There is also a lot of parameters regarding timing.

I found ie that using:

ringtimeout=2000

shorten the time to pickup easy, if less than 3000 is better to
disable callerid.

usecallerid=no

sometime 3000 or 4000 is better, you must try, my testing is with a
FXO interface linked with PBX, whem i link with real POTS 5000 or even
7000 8000 is the minimum to have all things ok.

Bye.