[asterisk-users] Caller ID on Transfers

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Aug 2 17:01:18 MST 2006

----- Douglas Garstang <dgarstang at oneeighty.com> wrote:
> is not set. Part of the problem may be that 3254103 STILL HAS CONTROL
> of the call. I have not pressed transfer a second time yet to release
> the call, and Asterisk still think that it is attended at this point.

Small clarification: at this instant, Asterisk has no clue that there is any transfer going on at all. All it knows is that this Polycom phone has two calls going, to two different parties. The fact that it is a 'transfer' isn't known to Asterisk at all until you press the final 'Transfer' key, at which time the phone sends INVITE/Replaces (or Refer-To) to Asterisk, so Asterisk can combine the two parties together.

In other words, without some additional info in the INVITE that is generated by the call placed using the 'Transfer' button, Asterisk cannot have any idea that this second call is being used to set up a transfer.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer