[asterisk-users] Asterisk, Linksys SPA-3000 echo

Dean at INKnBITs dean.bath at inknbits.co.uk
Wed Aug 2 07:52:17 MST 2006

Hi,

I have been looking through all the web sites about echo problems and how to
solve them on the spa-3000, but I still have not managed to fix mine! I'm in
the UK and have setup all the tones, port impedance to 370+620||310nF, had
the echo Canc options on and off, turned down the SPA - PSTN gain until it
would not even dial, still had the echo. It not a little echo, its enough
you cannot really use it. (I have 3 units, and they all do the same)

I'm using the SPA to route PSTN calls to asterisk, then polycom IP501 to
asterisk.

Hardware version: 3.0.0(1178)
Software version: 3.1.3(GWa)

I have tried 3.1.10 and 2.0.13, but still have the same problem, the other
party has a clear call, but I can hear myself as an echo.

Has anybody got these to work ok? If so, please, please, please could I have
the settings you used, it's been driving me crazy for the last two weeks.

Thanks,
Dean.