[asterisk-users] Unicall stack, right versions?

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 17:51:18 MST 2006

On 8/1/06, Barzilai <barcho at creacion.com.uy> wrote:
> Last night I started compiling all the components of the Unicall stack.
> So far I've been able to successfully do a "testcall".

Congratulations! :)

> 1) If you download the "snapshot" libraries, a funcion that used to be
> called "dtmf_put" now has been changed to "dtmf_tx_put", however the
> client code from the other library (I forget which one atm) still uses
> the old name so I had to fix it.

This does not seems to be a question. But yes, in fact sometimes steve
seems forget to update the libraries to match those changes. I had a
hard to find problem with logical incorrect argument passing from a
function of spandsp used by unicall.

> 2) the Makefile patch for the Asterisk channel seems to be for the 1.1.x
> versions of Asterisk.
> In the snapshots there's a patch that seems to be for the 1.2.x versions
> but I haven't tried it yet.
> Does it work as is or do I have to "patch the patch"? for Asterisk 1.2.9?
>
> In sum, what is the most up-to-date AND stable combination of libraries
> for the Unicall stack?

I think the only way to go is actually trying. I doubt someone has
made a list of the "right" versions. Most of people is so happpy of
getting unicall finally working that nobody cares wich version they
have :p
I would recommend use the more recent versions, and only downgrade if
you have problems.

> P.S. 1: A lot of Unicall seems to be hardcoded in the .h and .c files,
> like the countries and how they behave... I *might* attempt to do
> something more flexible if I have time *and* brush up my C which I
> haven't used much in the last 4 years.

That would be great :)

> P.S. 2:  A lot of behavior in the Asterisk ecosystem seems to be
> replicated over and over in the different parts of the code, for example
> the reading of configuration files, which each programmer does in their
> own way.  How about some generalized configuration code module?  Maybe
> this question is better for the dev list.
hum, as far as i know every programmer should be using ast_config()
and friends to read configuration files, since the user could choose
to use database configuration files, or some other "config engine".
What do you mean with this?

Regards.

Moises Silva

--