[asterisk-users] Unicall stack, right versions?

Barzilai barcho at creacion.com.uy
Tue Aug 1 14:36:39 MST 2006

Last night I started compiling all the components of the Unicall stack.
So far I've been able to successfully do a "testcall".

A couple of questions:

1) If you download the "snapshot" libraries, a funcion that used to be
called "dtmf_put" now has been changed to "dtmf_tx_put", however the
client code from the other library (I forget which one atm) still uses
the old name so I had to fix it.

2) the Makefile patch for the Asterisk channel seems to be for the 1.1.x
versions of Asterisk.
In the snapshots there's a patch that seems to be for the 1.2.x versions
but I haven't tried it yet.
Does it work as is or do I have to "patch the patch"? for Asterisk 1.2.9?

In sum, what is the most up-to-date AND stable combination of libraries
for the Unicall stack?

P.S. 1: A lot of Unicall seems to be hardcoded in the .h and .c files,
like the countries and how they behave... I *might* attempt to do
something more flexible if I have time *and* brush up my C which I
haven't used much in the last 4 years.

P.S. 2:  A lot of behavior in the Asterisk ecosystem seems to be
replicated over and over in the different parts of the code, for example
the reading of configuration files, which each programmer does in their
own way.  How about some generalized configuration code module?  Maybe
this question is better for the dev list.

BarZ