[asterisk-users] Extend analog phone via SIP (OT)

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Aug 1 11:44:24 MST 2006

Ira wrote:
> I'm suddenly needing a way to extend an analog phone extension about 15
> miles. One end need to be a phone, SIP or analog, don't care, the other
> end needs to look like an analog phone to connect to a phone jack on the
> office PBX.  In between the 2 ends is the Internet. I've spent some time
> looking and the only thing I found that claimed to do this is an analog
> line extended for $600 the pair.  Seems like a SIP phone and an IAXY or
> a Sipura box should allow me to do this but I can't figure it out.

Others have indicated the sipura's can do that, and if my memory serves
correctly, specifically the spa3000.

If you look around the voxilla.com site, I think you'll find something
that describes how to configure the boxes to do that.

There is no need for an asterisk box in that config if you don't want it.