[asterisk-users] Extend analog phone via SIP (OT)

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Tue Aug 1 09:45:56 MST 2006

I'm suddenly needing a way to extend an analog phone extension about
15 miles. One end need to be a phone, SIP or analog, don't care, the
other end needs to look like an analog phone to connect to a phone
jack on the office PBX.  In between the 2 ends is the Internet. I've
spent some time looking and the only thing I found that claimed to do
this is an analog line extended for $600 the pair.  Seems like a SIP
phone and an IAXY or a Sipura box should allow me to do this but I
can't figure it out.

Ira