[asterisk-users] Problem with distortion of initial voicemail prompt

Frank Tarczynski ftarz at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 1 08:46:27 MST 2006

I'm having a problem where the very first words of the Asterisk voicemail
system prompt are distorted into a loud ear-splitting beep. When I dial my
VoiceMailMain extension I get this loud beep followed by the rest of the
initial voicemail system prompt.  After that everything works fine.  I've
have this problem under both v1.2.6 (self-compiled) and now under 1.2.10
(under Astlinux).

My handset is connected to my asterisk box through an iaxy.  With the
exception of this voicemail prompt problem everything else seems to work
fine.  The relevant portions of my voicemail.conf and extensions.conf are
list below:

Voicemail.conf
[zonemessages]
eastern=America/New_York|'vm-received' Q 'digits/at' IMp
[general]
format=wav|gsm|wav49
serveremail=astlinux
attach=yes