[asterisk-users] Re: Re: FYI - first release of alarm response code.

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Tue Aug 1 06:16:54 MST 2006

If you could just post a link to your source after it is done, that would be great.

My need would be tied to the voicemail and if I could use that instead of a database (for the most part), I think it would be
preferred and more portable.

1. Be triggered by a script that monitors a VM folder every few minutes for new VMs. (Inbox)
2. See if we have already called someone and call the next user.
3. The call would be a connection with the callee and "VoicemailMain(emergVMboxNumber at default)"
4. Repeat every few minutes.

If someone listens to the message, it will get moved to the Old VM folder and no longer trigger calls.

I could use variables in my script for the destination and a text file for who has been called last.

My other issue is that the first number called is a pager which is passed between the techs when they are on call.

As for the ticket system or monitoring systems. (the above scenario is for a user to call when no IT staff is in the building)
nagios: I have seen a reference to someone that used a shell script to have nagios use a local (on monitoring box) copy of festival
and record the problem's text as audio, then make a SIP or IAX call and call a tech with the message.
OTRS: I could also add a line in my script to send an email to my ticket system.  When the tech has dealt with the issue, there is
an open ticket to be filled out and closed.  (actually, I would prolly just have the VM box email the notification with the VM
attached)

Steven

http://www.glimasoutheast.org

"Kevin Withnall" <kevin at ilb.com.au> wrote in message news:4FBA8FED77BE3B49ADF7BF67FC190CA905AE52 at chlorine.ilbc.ilb.com.au...
Ill actually be working on this shortly. Ive already designed the system
in my head and just need to write it now :-)

The problem is it will be fairly integrated into the alarm response
code.

I don't think it would be hard to write a phpagi script to do this
normally.
It would just have to...

1. be triggered by a call file in outgoing
2. run the programm see if theres an ack from the user
if so, write an ack to the database
if not, lookup the next person in the database and write another
call file

We have a web based job system here that would probably benefit from
such a feature. Once the alarm code is written, ill look at this code if
you like.

Im not the best programmer in the world but I like being able to
contribute to the asterisk community.

See ya