[Asterisk-Users] FreePBX in production?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Apr 30 18:33:43 MST 2006

>> Well... all those things were installed with FreePBX, they just didn't
>> grow there. ;)
>
> Honestly, those utilities never been part of FreePBX (nor are they
> installed by FreePBX). They are only ever installed as part of
> Asterisk at Home.

Actually, they were installed by FreePBX and I still have the iso disk
to prove it, and the logo at the top of the screens say FreePBX (for the
most part). Doesn't make a lot of difference right now, but integrating
the various apps does have some appeal.

> However, one of the FreePBX developers is currently
> implementing a lot of the stuff from A at H into FreePBX (like the
> Maintenance tab to hand edit the conf files and the Java SSH client).

I've never implemented A at H, but it does appear that must have been the
starting point for FreePBX.

>> I've been to the wiki several times, but its very short on any any
>> form of documentation. And, obviously the Handbook was borrowed from
>> the A at Home disto and doesn't actually follow the FreePBX implementations.
>
> Obviously, the Wiki documentation is a work-in-progress. Its a lot
> better than it used to be. If there are specific sections that you'd
> like more information about, please let the guys in the #freepbx channel
> know.
>
>> Is there a user's mailing list for this, or just the irc channel?
>
> You can subscribe to the amportal-users list via the SourceForge project
> for AMP (which is now FreePBX).

Thanks...

R.