[Asterisk-Users] FreePBX in production?

Avi Miller avi.miller at squiz.net
Sun Apr 30 16:00:39 MST 2006

Rich Adamson wrote:
> Well... all those things were installed with FreePBX, they just didn't
> grow there. ;)

Honestly, those utilities never been part of FreePBX (nor are they
installed by FreePBX). They are only ever installed as part of
Asterisk at Home. However, one of the FreePBX developers is currently
implementing a lot of the stuff from A at H into FreePBX (like the
Maintenance tab to hand edit the conf files and the Java SSH client).

> I've been to the wiki several times, but its very short on any any form
> of documentation. And, obviously the Handbook was borrowed from the
> A at Home disto and doesn't actually follow the FreePBX implementations.

Obviously, the Wiki documentation is a work-in-progress. Its a lot
better than it used to be. If there are specific sections that you'd
like more information about, please let the guys in the #freepbx channel
know.

> Is there a user's mailing list for this, or just the irc channel?

You can subscribe to the amportal-users list via the SourceForge project
for AMP (which is now FreePBX).

cYa,
Avi

--
National Manager - Special Projects

< Sydney / Melbourne / Canberra / Hobart / London />
   2/340 Gore Street      T: +61 (0) 3 9486 0411
   Fitzroy, VIC           F: +61 (0) 3 9486 0611
   3065                   W: http://www.squiz.net/

.....>> Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net ...../>